Previously I blogged about an issue I was having on one of my PCs with Live Mesh. The problem was that Moe.exe (the process behind Live Mesh) was consuming excessive CPU when ever it was running. This has obvious ill effects on the battery life and overall system performance.
I was hoping that the recent update to Live Mesh would of fixed it. Unfortunately this was not the case. However since I was only experiencing this issue on one of my machines I decided to see if I could find a fix. I did.
What I did was remove my problematic machine from my Mesh. I then copied the contents of the synchronised folder to another location on my hard drive (as a precaution) and deleted everything in the target folder. I then re-added my machine to my Mesh and set up synchronisation for that folder again.
In the Before shot below the yellow line shows the percentage of the CPU that Moe.exe was using.
After the fix it consistently looks more like this:
A vast improvement and suddenly Live Mesh is useful to me again.