I'm using Vista on my Toshiba M400 now and a couple of people have asked me how I got the EV-DO card to work in Vista. the answer is very well thankyou :)
The card in question is a Sierra Wireless Aircard 580 and this is what I did to make it work.
- Install Vista
- Do not install the manufacturer's XP software. This has not been updated for Vista (yet)
- With Vista running and connected to the internet insert the Aircard.
- When prompted search for a driver.
- Vista will pull down a driver from Windows Update.
- Once all the componets have installed create a new dial-up connection with the Sierra Wireless Aircard selected as the modem. The following settings are for Telecom New Zealand - these are not secret, they are on the web site if you look hard enough. Check with your provider for their settings.
Dial up number: #777
- That's it. Dial that connection and within a few seconds you will have a nice, fast EV-DO connection to the internet.